Saturday, July 22, 2006

This is the Voice of One Crying in the Wilderness

The Bible says to prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. But how does one build a highway in the desert? The sands obliterate any progress made.

How does one prepare when all around looks the same? Desolate, lost, filled with death.

I have wandered for many years in the wilderness--sometimes with a pack, sometimes not. Sometimes finding oasis, other times not.

Sometimes sensing the cloud by day and the fire by night, other times not.

Perhaps like the children of Israel my wandering shall last forty years or until I die. The price for my stubborness and rebellion.

Will I make it to the promised land? Or will I, like Moses, be doomed to see it from afar? Will I drop and be covered over with the sands that blow around me?

I cannot say. I can only hope that today I will have the strength to move forward my alloted amount.

Crying, yes. In the wilderness, yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home